My name is Winston Leslie, but I always go by my middle name, Spencer. I am a PhD candidate in the mathematics department at Boston College. This is my fifth year. My advisor is Solomon Friedberg. In the fall, I will be at Duke University as an Elliott Assistant Research Professor.
Department of Mathematics, Boston College
140 Commonwealth Ave
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Email: winston[dot]leslie[at]bc[dot]edu (also and soon to be replaced by lesliew[at]math[dot]duke[dot]edu)
Office: Maloney 528
I am interested in representation theory, with emphases in automorphic representations and geometric representation theory. In particular, I currently enjoy thinking about:
- Automorphic representations of reductive groups or their covers
- Relative trace formulae and local harmonic analysis
- (Generalized) Whittaker models and Whittaker functions
- Geometric crystals, crystal graphs, and total positivity
- Perverse and parity sheaves on flag varieties
To see my CV, click here!
• Automorphic forms on reductive groups and their covers: A conference in honour of Solomon Friedberg, ETH Zurich, Switzerland (June 25-28, 2018).
• 32nd Automorphic Forms Workshop, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts (March 19-22, 2018).
• Junior Number Theory Days, Rutgers University-Newark, Newark, New Jersey (November 17-18, 2017).
• Number Theory Seminar, Duke University, Duhram, North Carolina (October 11, 2017).
• Representation Theory Seminar, University of Massachusetts-Amherst, Amherst, Mass. (October 2, 2017).
• Invited Graduate Student Speaker, Palmetto Number Theory Series (PANTS), University of Tennessee (Knoxville), Knoxville, Tennessee (September 16-17, 2017).
• Special Session on Real-Analytic Automorphic Forms, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas (September 9-10, 2017).
• Number Theory Seminar, National University of Singapore, Singapore (August 10-17, 2017). (2 talks given)
Junior Number Theory Days at Rutgers University-Newark, Newark, New Jersey (November 17-18, 2017).
Automorphic Forms, Mock Modular Forms and String Theory at Banff International Research Station (October 29-November 3, 2017).
Palmetto Number Theory Series (PANTS) at University of Tennessee (Knoxville), Knoxville, Tennessee (September 16-17, 2017).
Special Session on Real-Analytic Automorphic Forms at University of North Texas, Denton, Texas (September 9-10, 2017).
Whittaker Functions: Number Theory, Geometry and Physics at Banff International Research Station (July 2016).
Automorphic Forms on Metaplectic Groups and Related Topics, at IISER Pune (July 2016).
Algebraic Groups, Quantum Groups and Geometry, at the University of Virginia (May 2016).
Eisenstein Series on Kac-Moody Groups and Applications to Physics, at the Korea Institute for Advanced Study (November 2015).
Representation Theory, Number Theory, and Invariant Theory, at Yale University (June 2015).
Building Bridges: 2nd EU/US Workshop on Automorphic Forms and Related Topics, at Bristol University (June 2014).
Here is a photo of my wife and me from our wedding day!