My name is Winston Spencer Leslie, but I always go by my middle name, Spencer. I am a William W. Elliott Assistant Research Professor and NSF postdoctoral fellow at Duke University, where I am working with Jayce Getz. I graduated in 2018 from Boston College, where my advisor was Solomon Friedberg.
I will be on the academic job market this upcoming fall!
I am interested in representation theory, with emphases in automorphic, p-adic, and geometric representation theory. In particular, I enjoy thinking about:
- Automorphic representations of reductive groups or their covers
- Relative trace formulae and local harmonic analysis
- (Generalized) Whittaker models and Whittaker functions
- Geometric crystals, crystal graphs, and total positivity
- Perverse and parity sheaves on flag varieties
Recently, I have been thinking about issues of stabilization for relative trace formulae associated to certain symmetric spaces.